#ilivepoetry. Finding joy in just “bee-ing”. Lessons learned from nature.
Category Archives: Just Like it!
Flowers in the Fall
My Rumi Gift to You – Reshared
Me and some Rumi – Ihsan
One of my favorite poets Ihsan shared a YouTube of one of my other favorite poets.
(I promise friends I’m on my way back to the grid.)
Alive Inside –
WATCH HENRY COME ALIVE!
Hello my friends! I’m almost back. I missed you so. I’m recovering from the start of school and will be back on Sunday after a nice reprieve near my favorite nature, water. Idaho has the best rivers and offers respite for the weary soul. Just wanted to say a quick hello and tell you about an awesome movie that might not be out long in case you’re thinking of going to the movies this weekend.
An independent film, Alive Inside, was playing at a small theater in Boise this week. It was part of a great kickoff in our community to raise Alzheimer awareness and how music can bring back and awaken a soul. Being in Poetry Therapy and also very interested in finding ways to communicate with my dad who is suffering from Alzheimer’s and trying to gather stories from his vaulted heart, I was intrigued and had to see it.
This documentary is very well done with case scenarios that show how music has assisted Alzheimer’s patients around the world and how they are working to get music in EVERY nursing home. I hope you can see it. If nothing else, watch Henry; he will light up your heart.
My daddy was excited about using music and has been helping make a list. It’s been fun going over music with him and he’s been calling me. He lives off by himself, so I worry that he won’t get the music or use it because there’s no one to give it to him. But even if he does it for a small while and gets benefit and joy from it, I will be happy.
I’ll write more Sunday and come a visiting you! Have a blessed weekend my friends. Marie
Creating To Decompress
This is a super cool video! How colors can save the world and create World peace.
Stepping to the Right of the Left Hemisphere
View original post 157 more words
5 Steps to A Life Fully Lived
Wonderful reminders to live and breathe in the presence.
~Thank you, Marie
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.” Ferris Bueller
A year ago in January I attended a workshop in Maui on Divine Love. It was led by Dr. Wayne Dyer and turned out to be a life changer for me. I am not surprised that this happened, afterall a couple of my life changing moments happened as a direct result of this incredible man.
This time around it was a simple sentence that seemed to resonate in my whole body. A great big A-Ha moment that left me ruminating with it for quite some time, wondering how to begin to live it. The words were a paraphrase of a Herman Melville quote and are at the root of a lot of Dr. Dyer’s teachings, but for some reason these words more than any others did the trick for me…
View original post 1,893 more words
Let’s Get to Know YOU!
Kate copied this from another blogger, ISuzie . It was such a great way to get to know the people I am surrounding myself with in this virtual world. Besides, it was intriguing to answer and Kate encouraged me.
Here’s Kate’s brilliant words to guide you on this question journey:
“Today I’ll go easy with 10 questions, but as the weeks go by and my interest is piqued, I’ll be sure to ask some more. All I ask is that you try… I want to establish friendships, compare notes, have someone I can talk to when I’m feeling down, or bouncing off the walls with good news to share. The more we all know about each other, the better the lines of communication will be. Right? So, here are my questions. If you don’t feel comfortable with one or two, simply skip them. But please try. And please leave your answers in my reply box, as I haven’t yet mastered ping backs. Thanks so much! And I look forward to getting to know you all a little better.”
1. How long have you been blogging and what possessed you to start? I have been blogging for about ten years. I’ve always loved writing, and I was learning I was wading through the process of learning how to do collage. The community was overwhelming. I stopped for about two years because things got really busy. Then I wanted to rebuild a new community around reading and writing and learning about others because it feeds my spirit.
2. What do you like to blog about? Anything I am inspired about. Soulful things, things that are interesting or catch my eye. I LIVE poetry in all it’s beautiful forms, art, photography, writing, a leaf.
3. What types of bloggers do you follow? Mostly I follow poets because I am inspired at their observations. I enjoy lots of writing and photography as well…and sometimes those food ones catch my eye.
4. What country are you from. If from the US, what state? I am from Idaho in the good ole USA. (raised in Texas though)
5. Have you ever been published? Yes, a book of poetry and soon a small book of short stories along with a community of writers.
6. Are you a writer or a photographer? Mostly a writer, but I dabble I photography.
7. Tell me one thing (or several) that makes you unique. I look for the “gold in the soul” of people and I live and breath creative outlets…as above, it feeds my soul.
8. Name one positive attribute you have that helps in making this world a better place. I teach writing to heal.
9. Do you have any children? If so, how many and what ages? 3 beautiful daughters all grown.
10. What would you like to see more of on my blog? Anything that makes your heart smile and skip a beat!
I also copied this part from Kate because it’s so true for me as well.
“I am like a kid at Christmas right now and cannot wait to read your answers!! I want to know these things about you all, and then some. I have only been met with kindness on WordPress, and I like that. I want to continue surrounding myself with positive people. No Debby Downers allowed!! Sure you’re entitled to have a bad day, and rant about it. We’re only human. But as my title says… if you can’t be kind, please be quiet.”
And from me your responses will be held near and dear to my heart. ~Nemaste Friends, Marie :0)
Postcards for Throwback Thursday – 1946!
Wordless Wednesdays – I Love My Country
Gratitude and Peace and Newfound things
Today when I was walking in my house I went to pick up a piece of plastic that didn’t make it into the recycling. I don’t know what it was the packaging for, but it had a piece of paper advertising stuck in it that said:
And then my dear blogging friend Rhonda, had this special music that brought me such peace. It deserves to be my meditation for awhile. His name is David Nevue. Click HERE. (The imagery is beautiful too.
And lastly, complete strangers with compassionate caring hearts dove in and shared their words, their encouragement and collective wisdom, and it was absolutely beautiful.
I am truly blessed on this first day of August. Thanks for making the world a better place…and thanks for being you!