Kate copied this from another blogger, ISuzie . It was such a great way to get to know the people I am surrounding myself with in this virtual world. Besides, it was intriguing to answer and Kate encouraged me.
Here’s Kate’s brilliant words to guide you on this question journey:
“Today I’ll go easy with 10 questions, but as the weeks go by and my interest is piqued, I’ll be sure to ask some more. All I ask is that you try… I want to establish friendships, compare notes, have someone I can talk to when I’m feeling down, or bouncing off the walls with good news to share. The more we all know about each other, the better the lines of communication will be. Right? So, here are my questions. If you don’t feel comfortable with one or two, simply skip them. But please try. And please leave your answers in my reply box, as I haven’t yet mastered ping backs. Thanks so much! And I look forward to getting to know you all a little better.”
1. How long have you been blogging and what possessed you to start? I have been blogging for about ten years. I’ve always loved writing, and I was learning I was wading through the process of learning how to do collage. The community was overwhelming. I stopped for about two years because things got really busy. Then I wanted to rebuild a new community around reading and writing and learning about others because it feeds my spirit.
2. What do you like to blog about? Anything I am inspired about. Soulful things, things that are interesting or catch my eye. I LIVE poetry in all it’s beautiful forms, art, photography, writing, a leaf.
3. What types of bloggers do you follow? Mostly I follow poets because I am inspired at their observations. I enjoy lots of writing and photography as well…and sometimes those food ones catch my eye.
4. What country are you from. If from the US, what state? I am from Idaho in the good ole USA. (raised in Texas though)
5. Have you ever been published? Yes, a book of poetry and soon a small book of short stories along with a community of writers.
6. Are you a writer or a photographer? Mostly a writer, but I dabble I photography.
7. Tell me one thing (or several) that makes you unique. I look for the “gold in the soul” of people and I live and breath creative outlets…as above, it feeds my soul.
8. Name one positive attribute you have that helps in making this world a better place. I teach writing to heal.
9. Do you have any children? If so, how many and what ages? 3 beautiful daughters all grown.
10. What would you like to see more of on my blog? Anything that makes your heart smile and skip a beat!
I also copied this part from Kate because it’s so true for me as well.
“I am like a kid at Christmas right now and cannot wait to read your answers!! I want to know these things about you all, and then some. I have only been met with kindness on WordPress, and I like that. I want to continue surrounding myself with positive people. No Debby Downers allowed!! Sure you’re entitled to have a bad day, and rant about it. We’re only human. But as my title says… if you can’t be kind, please be quiet.”
And from me your responses will be held near and dear to my heart. ~Nemaste Friends, Marie :0)